Reduces the consistency of oil colour and slows down drying time. In its raw state, it gives colour a high gloss. Diluted 50/50 with turpentine or low-odour thinners, it creates an excellent medium for most types of painting.
DALER ROWNEY : PURIFIED LINSEED OIL : 75ML
- Professional Artists’ Fixative; 400 ML
- Colourless; For use on charcoal, pastel, pencil & chalk drawings
- Protects from smudging & dust
- Great Tool for layering with charcoals & pastels
- Extremely flammable aerosol; Pressurised container: May burst if heated
- A thick gel medium
- Enables the artists to paint using a wet-in-wet technique
- Helps the artist to render delicate mixing required for nature studies and portraits
- Retards drying speed and gives more open time to the artists to work longer
- Acrylic mediums are used to control how the paint moves on the palette, or the consistency of the paint, and can also be used to lengthen the drying time of the acrylic paint.
- Acrylic mediums can also affect how matte or glossy the acrylic painting is once it completely dries.
- Other mediums can be used to refract light and color, add texture to acrylic paintings, and to adhere collage items to paintings.
- The Camel Acrylic Matt Medium is a quick drying thinning medium for acrylic colors which gives a matt finish.